Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Memories...

I remember:
…explaining that I wouldn't be around in the summer
…the long plane ride;I already missed my dad, my friends, my toys
…my grandfather’s run-down/old/amazing house
…the paint smell from the furniture stores on our block
…the streets, watching those around me; they were so strange
…card games with my cousins, I never really had cousins at home
…tabla and dancing and beats and rhymes that were so new to me

I remember:
…looking forward to the summer in a far away land
…appreciating it from a deeper level
…argillah for hours whether in homes or cafes
…my first lemon and mint, never tried that before
…the food, the culture, the richness
…the boys
…hating to leave

I remember:
…missing it when I was home
…deciding whether I was strong enough to make the change
…endless nights of contemplating the decision: home or far away
…signing the contract followed by an immediate rush to get settled in
…saying goodbye to my family
…the fear of my first night alone
…the dread of maybe one day regretting my decision

I remember:
…nights filled with laughter and excitement
…meeting people who would change my life: for the better or worse
…getting used to the way things work, it’s indescribably different
…working in different jobs, driving different cars
…feeling as though I was no longer a stranger
…forgetting what it felt like to not live here
…feeling at home
…being happy

I have experienced so much... I remember so much.. I shall never forget…

No comments:

Post a Comment

..Comments..

 

yasmin lawsuit